Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

Bread, Bread, and more Bread!

Hello again,

So I've had a pretty crazy weekend... but amid all the craziness I bought a new cook book. YIPPI!
And of course it's a book I've been lusting after for about a year now. It's all about bread and all the yummy things that you can make with variations of bread.

The most ironic part of my purchase is that I've been on a minimum carb diet for like the past year. Also, my DH had a funny reaction to the book. His 1st instinct of course was to grippe about the cost (18.71$), but he stopped mid sentence the moment he saw  recipes for brioche and croissants and just said: "Nevermind, I didn't say a thing" lol

As my mother always said, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach (and in this case the way to his pocket book too).

Ok so now about the actual book.

Its called Pain by Judith Fertig, pain being the french word for bread.  What I like about the book is that it is organized in order of difficulty. The basic recipes are at the beginning with different baking techniques. I have the intention inshallah to bake the recipes in order so I can master some of the techniques that are explained in the book.  

Pain (French Edition)
This is the book, not currently available through Amazon, but I bought it at my local grocery store.

Over the next few weeks I will be posting some of the recipes as I work my way through the book.

My 1st trial will be basic french baguette.
So wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment