Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Green eyed monster in need of vainquishing...

Salamwalikoum,

I'm in a ranty mood today so please forgive me.... But anyone ever notice how silly jealousy actually is? I've seen it's affects on young and old alike. For kids it's ok because it can be natural to be jealous sometimes, but it's important to learn at a young age that God will not give everyone the same things. We must all be tested in this life in one way or another.

I remember my mom teaching me that it wasn't nice to make tantrums or fits if someone had something I wanted too. I may still have a moment of jealousy from time to time, but hamdoulillah I've never wished or done ill to someone because of it.

Unfortunately, not everyone was raised by my momma... So the result of this is people being mean and actually do actions that are detremental to themselves and others all because they want something you own, or the praise you've earned or anything that you have and they don't.

The most ironic thing about the person that is causing a problem for me lately is that they are the ones that are much more financially priviledged than my husband and I and the cause of the jealousy is that I've been getting praise for things I've been doing Fisabilillah.

I can only pray that she changes and instead of trying to cause a problem tries to surpass the charity of others. It may be for the wrong reasons but in the end, it's about the people being helped. The rest is all up to God.

I may wish to be the only one with this problem, but I'm pretty sure I'm not... So what do you guys think? Are all reactions to jealous impulses bad or can it sometimes bring about something good?



No comments:

Post a Comment