Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Grrrrr......

Salamwalikoum,
I will apologize in advance for the following post.... I do usually try to keep things light and fun, but today I need to get something off my chest. This is simply me expressing a bit of frustration and nothing more...

So here goes,
Yea I am aware that im overweight!
I do not need a doctor to diagnose me, I' ve been this way most of my life and will probably struggle with this for the remiander of it.
But, this does not mean that I'm LAZY. I actually work really hard. I'm in better physical shape than most of my underweight freinds.
Being overweight means I carry almost 100lbs with me everyday, it's on me 24/7. I can't just put it in the closet at the end of the day like a witner coat.
I have learned to accept myself the way I am and I wish others could to.
I am aware that I'm an emotional eater and I'm making strides in orer to fix that. But it will take time. Rome was not built in a day.

Now I have been trying to religiously follow a good diet, not one of those silly fad diets taht mostly cause malnutrition and yo-yo weight loss.
No, a good diet where my hunger is satisfied and  I get all the nutritious goodness I need and it's HEALTHY.

Now somehow a lot of people out there take it upon themselves to give you advice and normally I'm all for it. But when the people giving you weight loss tips have never had to struggle with their weight, can eat whatever they want and never gain a pound... really!? HOW DARE YOU take it upon yourself to tell me what to do with my body. You have no idea what you are talking about, you are not a doctor nor a nutritionist.
Your telling me that I need to feel hungry all the time in order to lose weight. That if I'm satisfied then I'm not doing it right?
That it's all about will power, just control yourself... Hey, if I could do that, you think I would be in this situation to begin with!?

I what I'm trying to say wiht all of this is:
YES, I'm aware I have a problem.
YES, I'm making an effort to fix it.
NO, this will not happen overnight.
NO, it is none of your damn business.
YES, butt the hell out.

I'm working hard to change bad habits into good ones and it will take time. So please in the mean time keep your bullshit to yourself and give me encouragement instead of your stupid 2bit advice from someone who knows nothing of my struggles.

So there you have it... my occasional rant...

Take care, hope I haven't scared anyone away....lol

p.s. sorry about the potty mouth, or in this case potty keyboard....

No comments:

Post a Comment