Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Burkini!!

Salamwalikoum,
So for those of you who dont know what a burkini is, this is it:
So I had not gone swimming in over 5 yrs since I started wearing a head scarf... I can't say how much I missed it. But lately I had been thinking of getting a muslim friendly swimsuit but they are soooo expensive. (usually 90-170$) But I found one on a web site called East Essence for only 45$ so after all the shipping and taxes it came to about 58$.  I showed my DH and he was more than willing to get it for me since he's been ragging on me to get more exercise and swimming is one of the few sports that I LOVE to do.



Ok so the one I bought is this one here.
There are some details that I like about the suit and others that I will need to get used to...
The things I liked:
The price is reasonable and the shipping was fast.
There are a few colors available on the site.
There are these loops on the pants were you can tie the top to the pants bottom. This prevents the pants from falling and the top from lifting too high. Definite plus for the beach.
The stitching and fabric are good quality and well made.
There are PLUS SIZES, the size chart is accurate and easy to use so its simple to make sure you get the right size and they also customize the length for 2-3$.
Fabric dries quickly.

Now the things I'm blah about:
The fabric is heavy... not noticeable when swimming but you feel it when you get out of the pool. Although with this thickness even if the wet fabric clings, it doesn't show as much details as a lighter fabric would.
I didn't like the hijab portion being attached to the top, but this can be helpfull at the beach with all the waves.
The hijab part was also a bit big so it tends to slip back pretty easily... would need something to tighten it around the face to make it stay in place.
There is no built in underwear... So if you're a bit top heavy a bikini top or a sports bra may be necessary.
I simply wore my old black one piece sports swimsuit underneath also as a backup in case the top went up or something.

When all is said and done for the price I paid I'm very happy with my purchase.
Also it gave me a chance to buy something from a web site I've been wanting to try out. and I must say I'm pleasently surprised with the service from that site. The prices are awesome, the selection is great and the sizes are realistic and varied.

East Essence definately get 2 thumbs up from me.

So what do you guys think? Any ladies out there wear a burkini to the beach or the pool? If so what kind of pros and cons do you come up with?

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment