Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

If you want sugar shock...eat Sugar Pie!

Salamwalikoum,
Wow already more than a week since my last post...

So I guess I'm on a baking kick for now...lol
My friend passed this major exam in her nursing studies and wanted to celebrate by ingesting an insane amount of calories, so she asked me to make a brown sugar pie.
And so I did.

Now a brown sugar pie is a traditional pie for french canadians and also common in northern France and Belgium. There are a whole bunch of variations, but all versions are very sweet. Trust me, I'm a total sugar bug and I'm not even able to eat more than a tiny piece at a time.

So here goes.
Ingredients:
2 cups brown sugar
pinch salt
2 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. maple syrup
1 cup cream (heavy-35%)
1 egg
Pie crust









Directions

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into the prepared, uncooked pie crust.
Bake in a 400F oven for about 30 minutes or until the top carmelizes and the crust is golden.














Now you can put a lattice top on the pie or even top it with nuts, it's a matter of taste. I usually leave it au naturel.

So thats all for now,
Happy sugar Buzz......

No comments:

Post a Comment