Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

Homemade Juice Recipe

Salamwalikoum,

Hope all is well with you guys.I just wanted to share a recipe for fruit juice that I'm always making. My husband doesn't like the super sweet pre-made stuff and actual juice is often wayyy expensive. So being my trifty self, I found an old recipe for fruit drinks in an old cookbook off Project Guttenberg.

Essentially its a basic recipe that you can use with whatever fruit you have lying around in your fridge/freezer.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 litres water
fresh fruit

Directions:
Heat water and sugar in a sauce pan until sugar is dissolved.
Let water cool.
Add fruit to the water and pass in a blender until smooth.
You can pass the juice through a sieve if you want to remove seeds and pulp but this is totally optional.


This recipe needs very little fruit. Usually 4-5 strawberrys or a handful of any berries or 1 mango,etc its really basic and you can add more water if it's too sweet.
These are all the berries I used to make 2 1/2 litres of juice.
You can add 1 cup lemon juice instead of fruit and make lemonade.
I love this because it's basic you can even make Iced tea by adding 2 tea bags to the water while it's still hot.

I do this to use up whatever fresh fruit I have left in fridge that I may not be able to eat over the next couple of days.


My hubby likes this juice better than anything store bought.
Hope you guys all enjoy.

Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment